Thursday, June 18, 2015

meet the double page team...

Connie

Hi Everyone! My Name is Connie Hall aka Cherished.  I have been scrapbooking over 10 years and contributing online just over 4 years.  I am raising my family in Akwesasne with my Husband Robert. I enjoy paper crafting and scrapbooking.  I love flowers,lace,mixed media and layers. I am happy to be part of the Double page team at Stick it Down. 

Kel
 
My name is Kelli but most people call me kel.  I am located in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii (USA).  I am 32-yo and happily married, a non-traditional college student double majoring in History and Asian studies, only attending half-time to be able to care for baby #3 (born 9/30/14!).  I started scrapbooking in 2003 when pregnant with my oldest son, turned into a collector, and then started seriously creating again in 2013 because my stash grew out of control!  Who am I kidding... it's still outta control!!  haha!  I like to think of myself as a clean and simple stamper... I gravitate towards clean lines and minimal embellishments when I craft.  I LOVE patterned paper and cardstock though!!  I LOVE making cards, but my real passion is for scrapbook layouts... although from my blog you might not be able to see that!  I also have tons of fun with little gifts, tags and mini-albums although the minis take so much time!
Ronna
 
Hello! My name is Ronna and I live in Huntsville, Ontario. I share my life with my husband Bruce and more scrappy supplies than I’ll ever be able to use. I am the mother of two grown children, who, together with their spouses, manage to land themselves in enough interesting situations that I have no shortage of photographs to scrapbook.
I enjoy many crafts, but mainly scrapbooking and quilting. When I’m in my scrappy space, all I ever think about is trying to find the perfect papers and embellies to match. I love working threads into my layouts. My craft room really is where fabric and paper collide.
I started my scrapbooking journey almost 2 1/2 years ago and became completely addicted. I am thrilled to be working with such a talented team at Stick it Down.
Sharlene
Hi, my name is Sharlene Nye-Petrone. I am a wife, a mother, a Secondary School teacher, a quilter, and a scrapbooker. I currently live in Southwestern, Ontario, Canada with my husband, Robert Petrone of 15 years and two boys; Tyrone and Jayron. I love spending time with my family, taking photographs, and scrapbooking! I was introduced to the world of scrapbooking by a Creative Memories party back in 1997 but I didn’t start scrapbooking until I gave birth to my eldest son, Tyrone. So I have been scrapbooking for 14 years. I enjoy taking snapshots of my children, places and events. Over the years, my style has changed. I like to try new techniques. I like to work on layout with variety of colours as I like to add different embellishments to play with until the page meets my satisfaction. I am learning as much as I can and get inspiration from other scrapbookers.

Ali

I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful kids, my son (4 in June) and my daughter (1 in June). They keep me very busy-our favorite things to do together are library trips, family crafts, and frequenting a nearby creek for hiking and swimming. My husband and I have been together for eight years, he is a wonderful father and he often facilitates my crafting time (so he is also my hero!).

I have a MA in Teaching and Learning with Technology, my teaching efforts right now are most directed at my children, but one day I would love to direct those efforts to a wider audience! For now I am enjoying being a mom and a teacher to the most important students in my life!

My scrapbooking really took off when I was pregnant with my son. I had been scrapping here and there since high school, but I became hooked when I had a tiny little person to take a million pictures of! I love using patterned paper and mixing patterns and colors that don’t necessarily “go” together. I especially love creating double pages, mostly because I have a TON of pictures to scrap and I enjoy making layouts that are cohesive and incorporate a lot of pictures.

You can check out my layouts at  http://scrapngoodtimes.blogspot.com/ 

I’m 51 years old, married and I have three grown up stepchildren. I have a full time job.
I and my DH love to travel and spend time at our cabin in the mountains. Everywhere we go we take pictures, a lot of pictures. I’ve been scrapping for about 11 years now and since we have a lot of pictures I love to make double pages layouts with many photos on. For me it’s important to tell a story, so journaling are essential for me. Most of the time I write my journal by hand. Early I found out that stamps was great to use on my pages. The last years I have also gone into mixed media, and love to use paints, mists, inks and other mediums on my pages, often together with stensils and stamps. Sometimes I make my own embellishments and I alter chipboards to go with my photos.
I also make single layouts, cards and altered projects.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the team - shout out to Connie and Ronna - way to GO!!
    Can't wait for the reveal!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.